For those using GPS, the address is the intersection of Nutgrove Avenue & Oakdown Rd or 241 Nutgrove Avenue.
The parish is served by several bus routes and is traversed by some heavily-used, and thus well-known, roads. The Good Shepherd Church is well-located and is easily found. The church is on Route 17 and 61. Bus 14 serve Braemor Road and Beaumont Avenue, about 5-7 minutes walk away, and Route 75 passes the Nutgrove Shopping Centre, about 10-15 minutes away on foot.
From the City – by car
The Church is easily approached via Harold’s Cross (east side of the Green), Terenure, Rathfarnham (past the Castle), and past Rathfarnham Church (to the right), along Nutgrove Avenue, past the Shopping Centre (seen to the right and left). A little further on, Good Shepherd Church comes into view just left of Nutgrove Avenue.
Alternatively, the parish can be reached from either Dartry or Milltown, by going up Lower Churchtown Road (junction about 200 metres west of the massive LUAS/ railway viaduct known as the “Nine Arches”), and continuing without deviation to the T-junction (with traffic signals) with Upper Churchtown Road. A right turn, followed by a left turn some 100 metres further on (at the well-known public house “The Bottle Tower”), and a close-by further right/left turn combination, leads to Nutgrove Avenue.
Visitors coming from an easterly direction may usefully come along Taney Road, pass under the LUAS suspension Bridge and go along Upper Churchtown Road as far as the “Bottle Tower” corner and proceed as mentioned just above. (Area Map)
From the North via M50
- At Junction 11 of the M50, take the N81 exit to Tallaght/Dun Laoghaire
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for N81/TEMPLEOGUE and merge onto N81/Tallaght Road for 0.9 km
- At Spawell Roundabout, take the 3rd exit and drive for 0.6 km
- Turn left at Firhouse Road/R114 and continue to follow R114 for 2.2 km
- Turn right at Grange Road/R115 and continue to follow Grange Road for 0.2 km
- Continue onto Nutgrove Ave for 1.2km. Church is on left side of road.
From the South via M50
- At Junction 13 of the M50, exit toward Sandyford/R113/Dundrum and continue for 0.6 km
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit and continue for 2 km (Ballinteer Road)
- At Dundrum Shopping Centre, take 1st exit at roundabout onto Dundrum bypass (R117) and continue for 1km
- Turn left at R112/Lower Churchtown Road and continue to follow R112 for 1.3 km
- Turn left at Beaumont Ave for 0.1 km and turn right at Nutgrove Ave for 22 m
- Turn left to stay on Nutgrove Ave and Church will be on the right after 0.3 km
When you have Google Earth installed on your computer click on the link below to find The Good Shepherd Churchtown, Dublin 14 Ireland. Google Earth streams the world over wired and wireless networks enabling users to virtually go anywhere on the planet and see places in photographic detail. This is not like any map you have ever seen. This is a 3D model of the real world, based on real satellite images combined with maps, guides to restaurants, hotels, entertainment, businesses and more. You can zoom from space to street level instantly and then pan or jump from place to place, city to city, even country to country
Get Google Earth. Put the world in perspective http://earth.google.com